Monday, 16 February 2015

Pesto veggie rice with meatballs

Really exhausted today. I haven't been sleeping properly. So I'm pretty pleased that I managed to cook this level of food tonight. Now if only my house elf would do the washing up...

So... I found some gluten free beef/pork meatballs - they do have chilli in them and I haven't been eating nightshades but today I was too tired to care. I hope I don't suffer for this. I chucked them in the oven, put some rice into my automatic rice cooker, and while those cooked I made:

Pesto Veggie Rice

Fry frozen diced onion and garlic until softened. Add thickly sliced courgette and wedges of mushroom, and salt to taste. Fry until vegetables are cooked. Meanwhile, defrost chopped or leaf spinach (chop if leaf). Add to frying pan with some jarred marinated artichoke pieces. Cook until spinach and artichokes are heated through. Tip over some cooked rice. Add dollops of pesto, a drizzle of olive oil and some black pepper. Combine thoroughly.

Serve rice with parmesan (pre-grated today) on top and the meatballs on the side. All done in about 20 minutes, minimal chopping and washing up. I made enough to have leftovers for tomorrow and maybe the next day. Hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment